Saturday, November 12, 2011

ESL Discussion Questions about Trust

What is trust?

Words made from trust: Trustworthy, Trusting

Who do you trust? Why? What do you trust?

Who don't you trust? Why? What don't you trust?

Can we trust anyone in this world?

What would happen if we couldn't trust anyone? What do we need to trust people?

Did you need trust to come to school?

How can we get your trust? How do we gain others' trust?

Is trust an easy thing to get?

Is the level of trust in Wuxi or China high or low?

When you have someone's trust, what will you do with them?

What occupations do you trust? What occupations don't you trust?

What kind of people don't you trust?

Do you trust your neighbors?

Do you trust foreigners?

Do you trust the opposite sex? Which sex is most trustworthy? Which age group is most trustworthy?

Who is the most trustworthy person you know?

What kind of people will we quickly trust?

Do you trust the police? Do you trust shop keepers? Do you trust your neighbors?

Do you trust young people?

What happens if you lose trust in a person?

What do you do if you feel your trust has been betrayed?

Can you tell if people are trustworthy by how their appearance or mannerisms? What physical action do untrustworthy people do?

When do you know you can trust a person?


What is the meaning of these expressions using "Trust":

  • You have broken a trust.

  • I will put my baby in your trust.

  • My trust in that person was misplaced.

  • I will take what you say on trust. (*What do you take on trust?*)

  • I trust him to finish the work on time.

  • I wouldn't trust him a inch (a millimeter).

  • Trust me!

  • I wouldn't trust him as far as I could him.

  • We will have a brain trust look into the matter.


No comments: